dimanche 21 avril 2013

Silent Warrior by Lindsey Piper


Dragon Kings, Book 0.5

Synopsis: A silent woman ashamed of her criminal background becomes a Cage warrior to seek redemption. An unrepentant fortune hunter chooses combat over death to appease a mafia family. Although rivals in battle, they find common ground when seeking their clan's stolen idol, but for vastly different reasons. Neither one suspects that love will begin when he becomes the first man in five years to hear her speak.


Review: I didn’t know anything about this series, so when I found this prequel, I thought it might give me an idea of the story.
 
This is a short novella featuring two characters completely different. Hark is a noisy man, who loves to talk and does not think when he wants anything. Silence is the opposite, a young woman who speaks little or as we understand with her nickname, is calm and collected. Their meeting will immediately spark, especially while Hark is determined to put her in his bed and force her to talk to him. And I must say that given the mill word that is, it does not take him long to crack her.

It was pretty cute to see them both. They hide both many secrets but they complement each other perfectly. We discover throughout this story who our heroes are and we can learn a few elements about their past, allowing us to understand how they became what they are now.

This novel was a cute introduction and it is true that I have many questions about the world that the author has created. It can be quite interesting to read the first novel to have some answers.





5 commentaires:

  1. Nah, novellas and I just do not work. Like with the book I am reading now. I did read a novella from the world and was all meh

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hark and Silence do sound like two very different characters that would be fun to watch interact

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm definitely intrigued - it must be VERY challenging to write a silent character so I would love to see that done well!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hmm, sounds like a nice prequel. :) I might have to look into it. ;) Thank you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Novellas are usually a good way to get a feel for the author's style. I'm glad you enjoyed this enough to pick up the first book, Melliane--this concept of a silent character is intriguing!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    RépondreSupprimer